This position will primarily assist the Director of Director in their day-to-day operations. The Development Associate will be an organized, thorough, and meticulous person, who will support all activities related to donor management, cultivation, and stewardship. This includes managing and overseeing the donor database, liaising with operations/finance staff, producing timely acknowledgments, running reports, handling memberships, etc.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. At the same time, they might need to telephone or interact with donors, so will need to be eloquent and professional.
This is a full-time position, based in NAMI-NYC’s Midtown Manhattan office. This role is currently a hybrid mix with two or more days a week working in the office. Candidates must live in the New York City area.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees all gift processing including checks, electronic donations (ACH), and gifts given through platforms such as Cybergrants, Frontstream, and Justgiving
- Oversees and manages the (Bloomerang) donor database including all aspects of ongoing record keeping, data entry, entering/updating records, donation tracking and generating/pulling reports
- Assists in developing processes and procedures related to data entry and completes regular database cleanup related to inconsistent data, duplicate records, etc.
- Completes regular reconciliations with the Operations team to ensure accurate recordkeeping
- Prepares acknowledgment letters and tracks all letters sent
- Monitors and tracks all grant opportunities (from both public and private sectors)
- Researches potential funding opportunities
- Supports the Director of Development with planning for meetings and events, including list generation, invite tracking, and follow-up
- Ensures that NAMI-NYC members’ memberships are current and updated
- Creates materials for meetings with funders and for events
- Performs any other department duties or special projects as directed by the Director of Development
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Bloomerang or similar customer relations management (CRM) database required
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated experience to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and to prioritize workload
- Demonstrated interest in mental health and mental health causes preferred
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a nonprofit environment, as part of a development team preferred
- Sense of humor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $47,000 – $52,000
- Generous PTO policy
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K retirement plan with a match
- Transitchek (when applicable)
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Be sure to put Development Associate in the subject line. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.