From Day One Workplace Mental Health Onboarding Toolkit
From Day One is a signature initiative from the NAMI-NYC Workplace Mental Health Collaborative that provides a framework for thoughtfully sharing mental health messaging into onboarding.
Using adult-learning principles and reviewing best practices for creating engaging onboarding content, From Day One provides all the tools you need to implement this initiative including:
- Suggested scripts
- Best practices for storytelling about mental health in the workplace
- Suggested implementation steps
- Evaluation metrics
- Increased knowledge about common mental health challenges and their impact on the workplace
- More likely to retain information about companies’ resources to support mental health
- More likely to attend employee resource groups (ERGs)
- More likely to feel the authentic support of leadership of employee mental health
- Increased comfort in accessing mental health resources provided by the workplace
- Healthier, more productive employees
- Decreased disability and healthcare costs
- Lower turnover
- Higher retention of valued employees
Join a cadre of mental health champions leading in best practices for employee engagement and workplace mental health.
Let’s work together to make mental health a part of workplace culture from Day One. Reach out to our Workplace Mental Health Director Rachael Steimnitz at email@example.com to learn more!